SF Energy Inspection
The intent of the Residential Energy and Water Conservation Ordinance is to contribute to the affordability of San Francisco Housing by promoting the wise and efficient use of energy through cost-effective energy conservation standards for existing residential housing.
The intent of the Water Ordinance is to conserve existing water supplies by reducing the overall demand for water in existing residential buildings.
The Residential Energy Conservation Ordinance became effective 9/20/82, and the amended Residential Water Conservation Ordinance was effective 7/1/2009. To read more about the Ordinance click link.
Real estate agents and property managers, below is a list of items that are commonly looked at during an inspection.
- Hot Water Heaters – insulate to R-6
- Weather Stripping Doors
- Heating and Cooling Ducts – insulate to R-3 if accessible
- Caulking and sealing of major joints and openings
- Attic Insualton - needs to be R-19 in existion buildings that has attic space greater than 18 inches height clearence
- Toilets/Water Closets – Must be 1.6 or the newer 1.28gpf
- Aerators – < 2.2 gpm
- Shower heads – < 2.5 gpm
- Water Supply Leaks
- Smoke Alarms – in all bedrooms and hallways
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors – in all SFH now, multi-units 1/1/13
- Water Heater strapping
To Schedule a Appointment Contact: